Forum Discussion

jcsllc1979
New Contributor
2 years ago

ALL Email - Including those from Cox - being marked as spam and sent to Spam folder

For about a month now, I'm no longer getting email in my Inbox.  I'm accessing my email through the Cox website.  Even emails from Cox are going directly into my spam folder.  I have another cox email account, yet it's not having this issue other than the fact that I've blocked senders and I still get their emails.  Anyway, I have my filter set to "no spam filtering", I do not have any "blacklisted" or "blocked addresses" for this account.  I have no other filters as I was told by a Cox representative to delete all filters and old emails (to free up some space) and that should help.  Well...I have yet to see any email come to my inbox.  I see many others have had this issue as well.  I need this fixed! 

When the problem first started, I did set up "allowed" senders and that did nothing.  There were all still send to my spam folder.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Where do you see other people having the same problem recently? Have you considered using a different email provider like Gmail or Yahoo?

jcsllc1979
      New Contributor

I've read other complaints (from years back) having the same issues, but it doesn't seem as though their concerns were resolved.  This particular email account is for my business.  Changing my email address at this stage of the game (been using Cox for 20+ years) would be a huge undertaking.  I have thousands of customers and suppliers that would have to be notified.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Ouch. I would never use a FREE ISP email for my business. What was your plan if you ever had to move or change ISPs?