Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
2 years ago

Upstream OFDM is coming

I saw this post on DSLReports and thought it was interesting. Basically upstream OFDM is being enabled in some areas along with a extra downstream OFDM channel. No new upstream speeds have been announced but I predict they are coming. Seems if you have 8 upstream channels you are close to an upgrade.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Nice.,.. My old arris DG2460 is 24x8...but not D3... I guess I am gonna have to take a more serious look at that netgear  WiFi modem. I want a USB connection for a drive, though I may setup a nas. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      My old arris DG2460 is 24x8...but not D3.

I assume you mean D3.1. Also, watch out for the CAX80. I hear bad things on Reddit about it. Then again, the people who enjoy it probably don't post.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Yup, meant 3.1. There's been a LOT of discussion on the CAX80, and you're right, the most vocal of people are those having issues. I used to beta test for netgear back in the day, AND I beta tested the 6300 for Cox, working with their Docsis Engineering department also testing out firmware updates for them. Yup, I was one of the 3000 people who got bricked by an update, which is why I have the 2460. 

Jincuteguy
    New Contributor II

Eh just got the upgrade from 5 upstreams to 8 couple days ago.  So it still gonna be a while before they do the upgrades from 8 Upstreams to 4 OFDM channels.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Hey, that is still a good upgrade. That means you are close too. Maybe within 6 months? Fingers crossed.

Also, I think the first upgrade is 2 OFDM channels down and 1 up, for a total of 3, not 4.