Forum Discussion

William_W
New Contributor
2 years ago

WHY IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTER SO BAD? by far the worst call center experience every time I have to call in.

My free unlimited data promotion ended. I was unaware that it was a part of my plan in the first place. My bill increased by $49.99 for the overage protection, issue is i have never come close to exceeding the limit under the ultimate 500 plan. 

i called in to the call center after a less than impressive conversation with the online chat assistant. I spoke with no less than 10 different reps yesterday in an effort to correct my bill and remove the unlimited data plan. One of the reps advised she would remove the unlimited data plan and it would only be the $69.99 portion of my bill that i have been paying for months and that that promotional rate wouldn't end until September of 2023. 

I logged back in later and my plan was reflecting $84.99 a month. I called upset and requested to speak to a manager only to be told by multiple people that was not an option and they would discount the rate to 74.99. I advised that was not a discount it was a $5 increase and they acted like they were doing me a favor. 

Managers should be made available to field customer complaints/issues like this - not to mention there is nowhere to send complaints via email- seems like a pretty shady process on behalf of Cox. 

I have never experienced such horrible customer service - and its everytime i call in. I could understand a one off occurence but its systemic. 

COX you don't value your customers. 

5 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

$49.99 per month seems kind of excessive considering Cox would only penalize you $10 for each 50 GB block of data you've went over their data cap of 1280 GB.

Anyway, you should send an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full name and complete address to remove this option.

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi William W,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with us as I understand the need to keep an eye on your bills. Please feel free to email us at Cox.help@cox.com with your service address and a link to this forum thread.

David
    Cox Forums Moderator
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

There is always a supervisor that your call can be escalated to. 

MatSubZero
    New Contributor

I agree 100%. The worst at customer service. I would suggest that you contact The Better Business Burrow. Since cox controls this board and my internet service, I fully expect them to delete this reply and block me from this board. They already blocked me from calling customer service with an honestly valid need of tech support. matsubzero at g mail

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

I have found when you are calling support, that by being pleasant, you can get things done. I am only aware of a few people blocked from calling support, and that has been due to good cause. Angry,  shouting, foul language and threats were involved. Other than that, legitimate calls calls for support are always taken.