Forum Discussion

KirstieN
New Contributor
2 years ago

only receiving 180 MBPS under Gigablast

I have a new Moden, New Router that can handle the Gigablast internet, but consistently getting 180 or Less download speed. What can be done to help this. I feel like I am getting ripped off. 

18 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

First, I assume you mean Mbps (small b). Second, are you testing wired or wireless? Finally, what model modem and router do you have?

KirstieN
      New Contributor

Yes Mbps both wired and wireless. My wireless gives me between 70 -130 Mbps and wired gives me up to 180 Mbps. Modem is Netgear cable Modem CM1100 and Router is Netgear Nighthawk AC1750. I have had both Cox and myself reset my Modem and i do not exceed the numbers advised above. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Just to rule things out, have you tried bypassing the router and connecting direct to the modem? If that is also 180Mbps, can you post your signal levels? 192.168.100.1 in a browser then login with username admin and password is "password" unless you changed it. Under Cable Connection, there should be downstream and upstream levels but I am mostly curious about your OFDM channel.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

To which plan are you subscribing...gigabit?  Did you recently upgrade to this new plan?

KirstieN
      New Contributor

gigablast from cox and no it will be two years in May 2023

Terryj
    New Contributor III

Ingress Problem. Call in ask for a line tech to be scheduled to come to the house. Cox’s line techs are better than their install techs. They will go to the box, they will go to the pole, and they will check your ingress on your line. If it’s higher than 14 they are the only ones who can get the issues resolved. Been dealing with cox for over 25 years, and it’s always the same…. Ingress….ingress….ingresss

KirstieN
      New Contributor

i have a technician coming out today in hopes they can check it all. 

KirstieN
      New Contributor

Modem is Netgear cable Modem CM1100 and Router is Netgear Nighthawk AC1750. Modem levels are fine it is maybe a year old on both. 

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

What speeds did you get when you connected your computer direct to the modem? I don't mean wired to the router, but the router bypassed and the computer connected direct to the modem, and the modem restarted?

KirstieN
    New Contributor

UPDATE: The Tech came in and found that my system was fine. Closer inspection found that there is a error upstream. The Cox team is now investigating the area to see where the issue is and i hope to hear back today or tomorrow on the resolution.