Forum Discussion

Kdragon1
New Contributor
2 years ago

Tech support needs training

Had my internet go down today, and spoke with several different tech support agents. Originally it seemed that my modem had died (it is several years old, maybe as much as 10 years), but even after getting and installing a new modem, my internet was still down. After several attempts to get it to work and several techs looking at my account, it was finally discovered that my service had been disconnected due to leakage issues. 

My question is this:  do techs not have access to service records for the account of those they are trying to help??  I spent several hours of my time running in circles because no one informed me that my service was disconnected in the first place. That one line would be enough to determine that no amount of troubleshooting was going to fix the issue. No, a tech would need to come out and fix the problem. 

COX, you need to make sure your techs can see this kind of information or train them to check the logs

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Kdragon1. I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. Thanks for letting us and I will be sure to pass this information along to make sure that this doesn't happen again to you or anyone else. - Lisa, Cox Forums Moderator