Forum Discussion

brijodub
New Contributor
2 years ago

Cox Gateway Port Blocking and macOS

I am trying to use VMware on my Mac to connect to my work VM. Every time I try to connect I get an error that the connection has timed out. If I use my iPhone as a hotspot instead of WiFiI can connect with no issues. Googled and found that it is probably blocked ports on the Cox side. I did set up port forwarding using the Cox WiFi app and I still can not connect. I have tried a bunch of different ports the last ones I tried are 443, 4172, 8443, and 22443. Please help!!!

macOS Monterey

VMware Horizon Client 2206

Panoramic WiFi Gateway: Technicolor - CGM4140COM

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      brijodub
      New Contributor

Just checked and I am already using those DNS servers. 

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

You should be good then, Those are the servers I used for my VPN with vmware and Cisco.

A_JohnJR
    New Contributor

I have the same exact problem though Im using Windows.   

brijodub
      New Contributor

Nothing that hase been suggested has helped me. Even factory reset my gateway today with mo luck. 

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Have you taken your Cox IP to the VPN Coordinator and had them verify that the Cox IP address isn't being blocked by their router, or the VPN Server? I can guarantee from personal experience that the pano modems work with VPN's. We know the port isn't blocked, and I provided you a link earlier in the thread so you could verify that, so if you are unable to connect to your VPN through your Cox internet, then the problem may very well be on the other end. Try doing a traceroute to the vpn server, and I will wager it comes to a halt within 2-3 hops from the server, indicating they are blocking the IP address. You can get YOUR ip address by going to www.whatismyip.com , and you will be looking for the IPv4 address in most cases.