Forum Discussion

gregtstevens
New Contributor III
2 years ago

Is it time to accept the Cox can’t handle it?

This isn’t a complaint, or even a criticism, but rather just a practical question. For the last week there have been almost daily internet outages in my area (Tucson, 85719). The only answer the level 1 help desk support ever has is “there is a problem in your area, we are working on it.” (Their lack of information is not their fault—I never blame the support call center people.) I’ve seen other messages suggesting it might be a load-related issue. However, Cox is not very forthcoming about how wide of an area is affected by these problems.

My question is this: is anyone else out there experiencing something similar, or have you in the past? I’m starting to believe Cox simply doesn’t have an infrastructure capable of providing reliable service. If that’s the case, I would like to leave them now and get satellite or some other option rather than continually being annoyed at downtime every single day. On the other hand, they have been fine in general for the previous year or so, so I don’t want to jump ship if they are repairing something in my area and it truly will be FIXED in some reasonable amount of time.

I would love to know if anyone else is having this experience, or has any information or advice about all of these problems I’ve been experiencing in the last week or so. 

6 Replies

acag
    New Contributor III

Same here. 85715. It’s nuts. It goes out all the tkmd

acag
      New Contributor III

All the time…sorry. It’s out now. These people have no idea what’s going on. They’re clueless and totally out of their depth 

Cap72
    New Contributor II

This is a practical approach, and is one that I investigated last year as well. Where I live, Cox is the only option for internet speeds above 25 Mbps, which is legitimately too slow for the work we do in my household, on top of being inconveniently slow for a spoiled consumer like myself. If there was another legitimate broadband option for my house, I would jump onboard with them immediately. 

gregtstevens
    New Contributor III

Update: My internet connection was back for about 30 minutes. I was all happy and ready to get down to getting work done. Then, minutes ago, just went out again. Red light on the tower, no signal of any kind, Cox app still telling me there is a problem “in my area”. I still get hung up on when calling the phone number. (By the system, not by a person.)

I have a friend who has Starlink satellite service here in Tucson. He says it’s amazing. I bet the speeds aren’t what I want or hope for…. However my current internet speed with Cox is zero.  I may look into it. Does anyone else who can read this message have any experience with Cox alternatives in the Tucson area?

Samophlange
    New Contributor III

I've seen more of these "we're working on it" messages then I have fingers and toes since I originally called about my internet issues, and not a single noticed has resulted in an improvement.

• Oooh yeah. It's been like everyday here in queen creek, az too. The wifi just goes in and out. And if you check your account you get a "we're working on it" message and gives and obscene time of when it will be "fixed". Like right now it started cutting out and it says it will be fixed by 10:15 tonight, it's currently 5pm...