Forum Discussion

Mommapenny
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Email Website Ads?

I have never had ads at the top of my Cox Email web page before and it is making it harder to deal with my email - harder to read, respond and it is annoying and distracting!  

Please tell me  you are going to remove this so I can check and deal with my email ad free!!

Thank you!

32 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I noticed a giant white banner at the top of the page a few days ago.  I figured it was either a new ad feature or another glitch.  My AdBlock is blocking the ad, but the giant white area still remains.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

They probably meant to do something similar to this, but they messed that up too.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

OP reports ads at the top of the page.  I could disable AdBlock to check...but I don't want to.

• @Mommapenny, At this time, I am not aware of any plans to remove the ad bars from the webmail service. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Were there any plans to add them?

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

I said yesterday that I wasn't blocking anything on the Webmail site.  But, my browser settings block ads by default.  I temporarily switched to Chrome and allowed Ads.  The blank bars immediately became Ads.

rudy_d_
    New Contributor

This is a browser problem.On Firefox I found a small icon just to the left of the URL address field stating that I gave permission for 3rd party ads.  Click on it, un-give permission, close then reopen the browser.  That did it for me.  Now all I get is "COX" in bg letters where the irritating ads used to be.  Similar procedure for other browsers I'm sure..

• This is beyond irritating!  At least put the arrow on it like the side ads so we can get our screen space back.