Forum Discussion

IrvineCAGuy
New Contributor
2 years ago

Email Very Slow Delivery

I have been issues with some sources of email sent to my account.

I requested an authorization code so I can log into my account. This email is sent to my Cox.net account.

It consistently arrives HOURS later.  Example:

Sent: Fri 9/9/2022 3:46 PM

Arrived: Sat 9/10/2022 9:05 AM

And includes this message: The code will only work for 15 minutes and if you request a new code, this code will stop working.

Come on COX.  At 186,000 miles per second, it should not be taking this long to process and deliver email.

2 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

If you open the email properties, you can actually see when it was sent AND delivered. Not all email issues are on the Cox Side. I had a verification email from  my financial institution come 2 hours late, and when I checked the header information, I found that it was sent 20 seconds before i received it, the problem was actually on the sender's side. 

Additionally, it's interesting to note, that IAW RFC specifications for email, delivery should be within 24 hours of being sent, however retries can take up to 4 or 5 days IAW RFC 5321, so the idea that they are sending you an email that's only good for 10 or 15 minutes is ludicrous. 

• @IrvineCAGuy, Are you experiencing this issue with any other email addresses? Also, are you using a third party program such as Outlook to access your email? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.