Forum Discussion

GAmato
New Contributor
2 years ago

cannot send outgoing mail with Outlook version 16.63

I have not seen a resolution to this problem - checked all settings outgoing server and they are correctly entered.  still cannot send an email 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • GAmato,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing any issues with sending emails using Outlook. Are you getting an error message when you try to send emails from Outlook? Are you able to log on to your Cox Web Mail account and send/receive emails: myemail.cox.net?

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      cedwel
      New Contributor

I am also having this issue.  I can send from myemail.cox.net, but not from Outlook for Mac 16.63.  My outgoing settings are wrong.  The port is wrong and Use SSL to connect (recommended)  When I try to send an email, it bounces back and says "We couldn't deliver your message" and has this info:

SmtpSubmissionPermanent5XXException: Smtp submission failed. Server 'smtp.cox.net' Port '587'. --> Unexpected SMTP server response. Expected: 250, actual: 503, whole response: 503 not available

Failure code: be0

I can't figure out how to change the settings.  There's no setting I can find to do this.