Forum Discussion

Rev__Wood
New Contributor
2 years ago

Difference between Panoramic wifi pods version 1.0 and 2.0?

What is the difference between version 1.0 and 2.0 of the Panoramic wifi pods?  

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Rev. Wood,

Comparing Pods and Pods 2.0
    Panoramic Wifi Pods 2.0 deliver higher speed and better coverage compared to first generation Pods. Use the following information to learn more about Pods 2.0 compared with first generation Pods.
    Pods 2.0 deliver speeds of up to 300-400 Mbps, achieving higher speeds for our Ultimate Classic, Ultimate, and Gigablast customers than the first generation Pods.
    Pods 2.0 provide tri-band 802.11ac WiFi with a dedicated 5 Ghz backhaul channel and two Ethernet ports for LAN/WAN connectivity.
    Pods 2.0 have a larger surface area than first generation Pods.
    Pods 2.0 are sold in single packs, with one Pod per pack. First generation Pods were sold in packs of three.
    Pods 2.0 are compatible with first generation Pods; however, all first generation Pods must be disconnected before the new Pods 2.0 installation can complete.
    After installing the Pods 2.0, it requires 72 hours to optimize the network.
    If dead zones are still present after Pods 2.0 network optimization is complete, then the first generation Pods can be reinstalled. See Reinstalling First Generation Pods After Activating Pods 2.0.

I hope this information is helpful.

David
    Cox Forum Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III
      Pods 2.0 deliver speeds of up to 300-400 Mbps, achieving higher speeds for our Ultimate Classic, Ultimate, and Gigablast customers than the first generation Pods.

A data plan wouldn't clock the speed on a LAN.  Are you implying if I have a 100 Mbps data plan, rent the Panoramic router and buy Pods 2.0...my 802.11ac NIC will only communicate on my LAN at 100 Mbps?  Pods and Pano ***.

DavidA2
        Former Moderator
        Bruce,

That is correct.

David
        Cox Forum Moderator