Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
2 years ago

New Data Plans

Cox added (restored) two new plans:  100 and 150 Mbps.  All plans still have 1.25 TB caps.

Package                    Download                 Upload
2 Gig                      2 Gbps                   2 Gbps
Gigablast                  1 Gbps or 940 Mbps       940 Mbps or 35 Mbps
Ultimate 500               500 Mbps                 500 Mbps or 10 Mbps
Ultimate Classic 300       300 Mbps                 30 Mbps
Preferred 250              250 Mbps                 10 Mbps
Essential Classic          150 Mbps                  5 Mbps
Essential 100              100 Mbps                  5 Mbps
Starter 25                  25 Mbps                  5 Mbps
Connect2Compete            100 Mbps                  5 Mbps
ConnectAssist              100 Mbps                  5 Mbps

www.cox.com/.../speeds-and-data-plans.html

20 Replies

Car123
    New Contributor

Current customers beware, the promotion for the essential 100 is false. Cox won't let me change to this plan no matter what I do. 

Car123
    New Contributor

Current customers beware, the promotion for the essential 100 is false. Cox won't let me change to this plan no matter what I do. 

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

If Cox were to hike my 250 plan, I did peruse my account to plan for a downgrade.  However, you're right, there is no way to downgrade via my account.  When the time comes, I'll send an email to cox.help@cox.com with my service address and probably PIN.

Becky
      I'm not sure why you were told you couldn't switch to Internet Essential tier, Car123. Even though I'm not aware of any limitations, it may be related to the current internet tier to which you currently subscribed. I'd like to check into this further for you! Please email my team at Cox.help@cox.com for further assistance. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I think the OP's keyword is "promotion" and it'd make sense for current customers being unable to downgrade into a promotion.

I was just looking for the option to click the plan in my account but it doesn't exist.  I'd have to speak with sales.

"There’s only one step for updating your services—chat with us...or chat by phone"

Yuck.