Forum Discussion

e5613112
New Contributor
2 years ago

Anymore Lies you got for us? Upload speed

My wife is now working from home with me, so I got her *Hard wired* connection ready. she was working from 6am to 9am then customer could not hear her or she was breaking up. Her manager had her check connection, 600 down 4.3 up "I pay for" 500 Down and 10 up needless to say 10 MBPS IS USELESS IN ANY CASE EVER WORKING FROM HOME!

I called and only explanation i got was upgrade to Gig blast and it will fix everything with 35mbps upload..... Lie #1

I was then told my equipment was not compatible "Brand new owned Linksys DOCSIS 3.1 modem 32x8"..... Lie #2

I was told a modem would be needed only Cox would work, Lie #3

Went to store where a modem was "waiting for me in the notes".... Lie #4
THEN! Made me pay a deposit for bad billing history "never been late or turned off"... Lie $5

Now it gets GOOD!!

After fighting then I paid the deposit of HALF MY BILL!!! for a modem i will rent that I didn't want or need my equipment is 100x what they have.

It should be activated by the time you get home, Yeah another lie....hook it up call and activate doneish.. speed test.... 980 Down 43 up FINALLY YES!!!
NOPE test again up is 32 then 23 then 12 then 2.3.. After customer support reboots modem 20x then are sending out a tech but upload is only (UP TO) so if its working at all its fine and there could be ANOTHER charge... 

Jokes on them, I had them replace the Coax in the house "Cox did this" SO equipment new lines new even rewires house all Cat6 and they still wanna blame me.

I honestly think they are scam artists and have worst customer service then North Korea freedom hotline. 

Let see what Tech has to say probably give some excuse, Ill prob just use hot spot on my ATT phone till they finish fiber in my area where all my friends and family are switching due to cox lies. Prob loose about 100 people overnight I HOPE!

2 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You got RUBE'd:  Rent, Upgrade, Buy Everything.

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    @e5613112,

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you had with us. We would be happy to take a look at the account with you. To do that, we ask that you email us at Cox.help@cox.com with your service address and a link to this forum thread.

David
    Cox Support Forum Moderator