Forum Discussion

RainbowVY
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Can't get or send emails from cox.net using Thunderbird

Have been using my cox.net email with Thunderbird for years on a Windows 10 PC, also with 2 ipads, Win 10 laptop and 2 iphones.  Cannot get or send emails from my cox.net on any device.  Desktop Error message:  (uses pop.cox.net) "Enter your password.  Sending of password for use did not succeed.  Mail server responded Authentication Failed."  

Ipad or Iphone error message (uses imap.cox.net):  "Account Error, No password provided for Cox.  please go to Mail Account settings and enter a password."

I have triple checked my passwords, all are accurate.  I CAN get and send emails from the cox.net website, but on NONE of my devices.

Any ideas?  Thunderbird and all devices are up to date.

Whenever this happened in the past, it would mysteriously clear up in a day.  Not this time!!! I have searched the internet.  HELP!

Thanks for your help!

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If you're getting failures on different devices with different operating systems, more than likely the issue is with the server.  You can send an email to cox.help@cox.com (webmail) to ask if there is an ongoing email issue.  Include  your Full Name and Complete Address in the email.  Let us know!

RainbowVY
      New Contributor II

Bruce, I just sent in the email to Cox.net email you sent.  We need help ASAP and are ready to give up on Cox, after 40 years of paying for it!

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Hopefully you've got a reply by now.  Cox contracts our email service but can research your specific server and inquire with the contractor.

GrumpyMan
    New Contributor II

I had the same problem using Thunderbird and MailWasher.  Cox tech support was able to help me correct the problem.  What worked for me was signing into Cox.  Then changing my password to a new one.  Starting Thunderbird and when it said it could connect,  I changed my password to the one I had just created.  Same thing with MailWasher