Forum Discussion

AKrapt73
New Contributor
2 years ago

Where can I find documentation on Panoramic modem?

My Panoramic modem is currently attached to COX COAX for input. I'm using standard WIFI features. Since I'm a computer professional with strong preference for wired Ethernet to desktop computers, I'm using a ETH1 slot on Modem connected to a CISCO switch. This configuration provides reliable constant network performance to my desktops. Can the 2nd Ethernet slot, ETH2, be used concurrently with ETH1? Thanks for your support.

2 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I understand why you'd ask this because the 2nd port on previous units...if not deactivated...were merely switched ports to share at Layer-2 but no Internet.  On later units, however, I do believe both ports are active and 1 probably at a higher clock speed.

If the Pano includes a router, I never understood why it doesn't include 4 clearly-marked LAN ports.  Some do I guess.  Why label these 1-2 ports "ETH"?  Ethernet is just the technology to connect computers via cable...any cable.  Heck, 10Base2 was Ethernet.  Why not label as "WIRE" port?

AKrapt73
      New Contributor

Thanks, Bruce. If except of routing Ethernet (CAT6) from Pano to Cisco switch - industrial grade - I having done much else until recent interest of using the 2nd Ethernet port.

AKrapt73