This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What causes service to go down? It's down the 4th or 5th time this month.

Seems like nearly every week this month the internet goes down at least once. What's causing the loss of service? 

Parents
No Data
  • Hello BeagleBee,

I am truly sorry to hear that your service has gone down a couple of times this month. I can imagine how frustrating this would be. There are several things that can cause the service to go out. The first thing that we would want to check is to see if there is an outage in the area. You can find out about any outages in your area by signing in at cox.net or the Cox app. www.cox.com/.../outages.html If you are not seeing an outage, there may be a technical problem going on that needs to be troubleshot. Checking the connections to ensure that you have a strong signal is normally the first step I recommend. To do this, ensure that the cables to the modem and wall outlets are secured and there is no damage. Also, if you connect with a splitter, it may be helpful to bypass this as it can lower the signal strength. If you continue to have trouble, we would want to focus on how your device is connected. Please let us know the results and if you need additional assistance.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
Children
No Data