Forum Discussion

JeffinLouisiana
Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Horrible to much improved.

This started at 10 am this morning.   It was ok before that.  Websites won't load. 

• @JeffinLousiana, I am glad to hear that things are working as they should. Please let us know if the issue returns. We are here to help. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.

20 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @JeffinLousiana, I am glad to hear that things are working as they should. Please let us know if the issue returns. We are here to help. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      JeffinLouisiana
      Contributor

Thank you Cox for fixing the extreme noise issue in my area, plus other damaged hardline connections leading to my condo complex from the main street.    I saw a bucket truck near a hardline drop down the street from me and bang,  my signal issue was fixed.     I don't think node overcrowding was my issue.  It was a whole lot of damaged connections outdoors and in, which were causing microreflection noise in the whole network.    MER (went down to 32)  was suffering when the noise would show itself.  I don't think it was node ovecrowding in my case.

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @JeffinLouisiana

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Let us know if you have further issues.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I've always thought SNR above 40 dBmV meant too much power, but others seem to discredit.  Send an email to ask your great or good values.

CraigL
    New Contributor II

I know this won't help you, but at least you have some comfort in knowing it's not just you. It's likely everyone who has Cox internet.

I've been suffering from the same absolutely horrible internet connectivity issues as well for nearly the past 2 weeks. Every single night straight for the past week it's been like that here in Cleveland Ohio area. 

I normally don't run speed tests unless I see extreme buffering on streaming or inability to use the service to connect up to work. When I can feel and experience the issues is when I run the speedtests to check if it's really an issue. I'm on Gigablast tier. The cable modem signal levels have been fine in my situation.

I normally get sustained 940 mbit/s download and 35 mbit/s upload, but tonight has been as pathetic as yours. A rather anemic 61 download and 0.31 upload. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @CraigL

Are you hardwired directly to the modem, router, or wireless when running the speed test?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        CraigL
        New Contributor II

As you can see from the previously attached screenshot, the speeds were 940 mbit and 35 mbit before the Cox infrastructure took an unexplained dive in quality.

Everything is hard wired gigabit connections, PC to Router to Cable Modem. I've had no issues for years on end until around 1.5 - 2 weeks ago. The modem signal levels are fine. 

Rob-Kou
    New Contributor

I'll throw my hat into this issue as well. For the last 2-3 weeks my connectivity randomly drops, and during those times I get absolutely horrible connectivity, but the modem and the website are all reporting no issues. So when I called (3 times already) I was pretty much given the run around, from everything that it was in internal home issue, to no issue is seen. SO YEAH! Hearing others are having this issue at least resolves that concern. 

Now I'd love for COX to come out to Henderson, NV and fix the issue on this end as well!