Forum Discussion

Will389
New Contributor II
2 years ago
Solved

Cox homelife hub

So I had tech come out and he got it working (no complaints). During the setup he had me change my wifi password to nine characters and no special characters. I questioned that, but he said I could change it back to my original more secure password. Well the minute I changed it back, Homelife no longer worked. I tried many iterations following the directions to no avail, I'd return, but my package includes it. I am so unimpressed, but I guess this is their "entry" level so I can't speak for the other systems. I am guessing I am not the only one?

• Hi Everyone, I can confirm that spaces, special characters, and punctuation cannot be used in the home wifi network SSID or password when using the Cox Homelife Automation Hub. We’re hoping the special character restriction will change in a future firmware update. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

28 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Will389

I am so very sorry to learn of your homelife troubles. Can you provide some details of what's not working with your homelife devices?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Are we to conclude Homelife can't process special characters?

Will389
      New Contributor II

Well I am guessing only with this hub (starter kit?), it looks like they offer a more sophisticated system which appears to be completely different.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

A Homelife "starter" package?  Cox must appreciate minimal security.