Forum Discussion

roxon
New Contributor
3 years ago

Google wifi slow???

I have 300mb cox internet service with the panoramic router/modem.  I regularly get speed test  via wifi and the LAN ports around 280-300mbps.  When I connect the google home mesh wifi router I only can get about 90mbps over wifi or LAN connected to the google wifi router.  Why are my speeds so slow on the google wifi?  I notice that the LAN Port that goes to the google router is flashing yellow, whereas my other LAN port is flashing green.  I have enabled bridge mode and I still get the same results.  And even worse, when in bridge mode, only one LAN port seems to work.  Any help???

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Roxon,

I am so very sorry to learn of your Internet troubles and I'd like to help. I would start by checking all wires to ensure that the signal is not being slowed down by an Ethernet cord that cannot handle the speed. Then I would reach out to Google to see if they can assist you with troubleshooting the issue. We also have a subscription-based service called Cox Complete Care that will assist you with your networking devices. It is $10 a month with a 3-month subscription requirement. I have included the link for more information.

www.cox.com/.../completecare.html -CCC

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator