Forum Discussion

DKT48
New Contributor
3 years ago

Horrible upload speeds and not so great download

For the last 2 weeks, every other night my upload speeds are usually around 0.10 at the best. Making it near impossible to use the internet and impossible for any gaming. I know its not on my end as I have rest the modem a bunch, called cox support a bunch and had it reset there, and all the other typical things you do here. Besides that the first night it started cox did admit there where issues in my area and they where "Fixed".  It was "fixed" for about 2 days at most and now its back to the same issues. I am taking really late at night so I doubt its from over usages/too many people using the net around here.  I live in front of a junction box, I guess you call it, where the issues might be. 

Sure enough the speeds became better during the day. That's confusing. usually better at night causes of less people on and worse during the day. Think cox needs to check out the local junction box or something. Definitely not my PC or my modem. Better not be like this again tonight though.

2 Replies

chaotic
    New Contributor

This is typical for cox. I had excellent service my first year with cox. I pay for 500mbps download and 10mpbs upload. This past year I have multiple issues with cox. Ex:  "outages"/ service interruptions. My service with go from 360mbps download speed to a range of 500kbps-50mbps. My upload speed is usually a hard 8mbps but will fluctuate at 200kbps-1.1mbps. Best bet is to switch providers. I've seen and experienced to many issues with cox. Honestly, any provider would be better. I'm fed up with having to wait for an outage to be resolved in my area every other day literally. We know *** well there is no outage. Because if there was...whatever causes it is doing so on a daily or every few days. That's an issue that should have been fixed ages ago. I have cox a year to long to get their *** together. 

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Chaotic
      I completely understand the frustration of having an inconsistent internet signal. And we don't want you to leave us. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name/full address. Reference this post please, we are here to help

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator