Forum Discussion

Mike_C
New Contributor
3 years ago

Download speed is fine, but suddenly terrible upload speeds

I'm a Gigablast user. For the past few weeks, my upload speed has been suffering a LOT for a reason I'm unable to figure out. Using the cox speed test, my download speed hovers around the same speeds, 700-800 ish depending. But the upload speeds bounce around like crazy. I'll do a speed test, and it'll be around 35 MB, then the very next it will drop to like 1-2, then go up to 10, etc. It's very evident when I'm gaming and when using VOIP programs, because I'll start lagging very hard in the games and sounding robotic in programs like Discord. I tried to get the help of a live agent about a week ago, but he just reset my router and told me my connection was fine. Playing a game right after, the same problems persisted. This issue goes for both wired and WiFi connections. Can someone give me an idea of what's going on?

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @MikeCurry,

I completely understand the hassle of having inconsistent internet speeds. I am here to help. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator