Forum Discussion

PAEC
New Contributor
3 years ago

What is going on with the internet at night?

In the morning, I can play a video game and register a perfectly normal latency. But, from 3pm - 2 am I am getting considerable and consistent lag. How is this happening? Is COX throttling my area? I haven't had an issue with this in 3 years with them and all of a sudden it is impossible to do anything online in the evening. It is not only me. Multiple people in my area are complaining about the same thing. People being on the internet isn't an acceptable excuse. 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Hello @Coxsuxdnc,

That is not true at all. We do not throttle speeds or cause any other intentional service issues to persuade our customers one way or the other. We know that being in an outage for multiple days can be exasperating. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        coxsuxdnc
        New Contributor

Try multiple weeks in a row. And you are a Liar. The reason for the outage on your website and app alternates between “high internet traffic” or  “increased network activity”, and that message is there at ALL hours, EVERY day/night. Higher load on your garbage network should not be completely preventing a connection to the internet. If this was a node issue then how could it still be a problem after 3 weeks.

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @PAEC,

I am so very sorry to learn of your Internet troubles and I'd like to help. We do not ever throttle internet speeds. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator