Forum Discussion

eprst
New Contributor
3 years ago

Packet Loss on IPv6

Hi

I'm on Pano WiFi and has been experienced annoying connectivity/latency issues, most prominently in voice/video calls over whatsapp and the like. It is bad to the point when switching to LTE (with 1 bar signal) makes it much better.

I'm positive that WiFi is fine, as I have same problems over wired connection as well, plus speedtest is happy.

Today I was looking at PingPlotter and I noticed that there's huge packet loss when using IPv6, while IPv4 is fine:

To verify this, I took my rooted Android phone and did "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6", which essentially disables IPv6 at the OS level. Verified with http://test-ipv6.com that it indeed got disabled and then checked problematic apps.

I think this has "resolved" the issue for me. Now the question is, how to get a proper fix? I wouldn't like to go over all of our devices and disable IPv6..

Thanks

1 Reply

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Eprst,

I am so very sorry to learn of your Internet troubles and I'd like to help. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator