Forum Discussion

tonydestin
New Contributor
3 years ago

Continued outages reimbursement

When is Cox going to give us credit or our money back for all the outages as of late?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    VerK
    New Contributor III

All you need to do is complain, politely, to a customer service agent. Keep in mind when you contact an agent that it is not their fault you are experiencing problems. Treat them with respect and you'll be surprised at what they'll do for you. Explain to them your problems and tell them you'd like credit for the days/hours you experienced an outage and/or slow speeds and they will credit your account accordingly. You can contact them via phone or through the phone app. Through the app click the "support" icon at bottom right of app then tap "Message us" in top right of screen. Once you start a chat type "Live Agent" and proceed through the prompts to get an agent. 

I have not paid full price for my internet in months due to the unbearably slow speeds. I get a minimum of $30 deducted from my bill each month (still way overpriced for the speeds I get) because my speeds are a joke. I pay for gigabit down and 35Mbps upload. Currently I am getting 10.37Mbps down and a whopping 0.03Mbps up. This is a joke and really ticks me off.

LatitiaS
      Hi Verk,

We want you to enjoy your services! I am sorry to learn of your connection troubles and I'd like to help. Upon pinging your modem I am seeing a small amount of packet loss. I would very much like to secure a follow up visit so that we may reassess the problem. Please send us an email to Cox.help@cox.com with your name and preferred date to get started.

Latitia
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • Hi tonydestin,

This forum is primarily intended for the discussion of technical issues among peers. Billing and account issues require the sharing of sensitive information to resolve which isn't best suited for a public forum. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address. You can also reach out to us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/coxcommunications) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/CoxHelp).

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator