Forum Discussion

John_SD
New Contributor III
3 years ago
Solved

Automatic email forwarding not working

I have set up my Cox webmail to auto-forward incoming mail to my Outlook email account, but it is not happening. There aren't misspellings on my part, and no forwarded Cox email is ending up in a Spam folder or anywhere else. Why am I not getting any forwarded mail after setting it up? 

Thank you. 

CurtB
    3 years ago

Webmail forwarding has always worked for me.  I just tested it and it worked.

I realize you indicated that no forwarded Cox email is ending up in a Spam folder.  Does that mean you checked the Webmail Spam folder for incoming email that wasn't forwarded?  If Email does get to the Webmail Spam folder, Webmail spam rules could be preventing the "autoforward" rule from forwarding email.  If that's the case, you can change "Spam settings"  to "No spam filtering".

Have you checked your Outlook "Rules" and Junk email "Blocked senders and domains" to verify Outlook isn't blocking email forwarded from Webmail?  You could test if Outlook is blocking by manually forwarding an email from Webmail to Outlook that wasn't automatically forwarded by the "autoforward" rule.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Silly question but Outlook is configured with a different email account, right?

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

"Auto Forward" is a separate Inbox setting, but it's also a rule in "Filter Rules".  Check to see if you have a higher priority rule than "autoforward" that could prevent email from being forwarded.  If you want to forward all email, move the autoforward rule to the top of the list of Filter Rules.

John_SD
      New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. What you're saying makes perfect sense, and I double-checked my Filter rules. I have none in place, other than the autoforwarding. I also changed my fowarded address from Outlook to Gmail as suggested by the other guy. Sadly, nothing has gotten forwarded there yet either. Very strange.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Webmail forwarding has always worked for me.  I just tested it and it worked.

I realize you indicated that no forwarded Cox email is ending up in a Spam folder.  Does that mean you checked the Webmail Spam folder for incoming email that wasn't forwarded?  If Email does get to the Webmail Spam folder, Webmail spam rules could be preventing the "autoforward" rule from forwarding email.  If that's the case, you can change "Spam settings"  to "No spam filtering".

Have you checked your Outlook "Rules" and Junk email "Blocked senders and domains" to verify Outlook isn't blocking email forwarded from Webmail?  You could test if Outlook is blocking by manually forwarding an email from Webmail to Outlook that wasn't automatically forwarded by the "autoforward" rule.