Forum Discussion

C4lvin
New Contributor
3 years ago

How to unblock an IP?

Title says it all, how do I unblock a blocked ip that cox automatically blocked for "security" reasons without turning off the security feature off? The domain wasn't blocked, the IP was blocked, if it were the case of the Domain I could just allow it- but since it's an IP it doesn't have anything like that.

Does anyone know a way around this?

3 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @C4lvin
    Are you using our Panoramic Wifi Modem with Advanced Security Feature? If so you should be able to use the Cox Wifi app and press 'Connect' at the bottom and then Advanced Security and then you should be able to see what was blocked and press on it if it is not a threat.
    Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      C4lvin
      New Contributor

Hello bens1

I am indeed using the Panoramic Wifi Modem with the ASF. I know about "Allow Access" but this only works for suspicious websites, but not for IP reputation.

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hello @C4lvin,

This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator