Forum Discussion

LD2004
New Contributor
3 years ago

Disconnecting Multiple Times Every Day

About 3-6 times per day, every day from midmorning to late afternoon, I lose my internet connection. Whatever I am doing, I have to stop and wait for the connection to come back on. Each disconnect lasts less than a few minutes. But if I'm gaming or on a video meeting with my doctor, it takes a lot longer than a few minutes to get back to what I was doing. I estimate I'm wasting an hour a day just dealing with the fallout of dropped connections, and this has been going on for months.

Initial contacts with customer support recommended a speed increase or that gaming add-on. I knew that wouldn't help, they just want more money for their crappy service. But I tried it for a while just to be able to tell them it didn't fix a thing.

Next recommendation was a modem upgrade. I had a tiny ray of hope on that one since the previous one was old by tech standards. But that didn't help either.

Still disconnecting multiple times a day. Since it almost always happens in the same five hour window every day, I'm not sure what could be causing this. If it was something on my end, I suspect I would see dropped connections throughout the entire day.

The only other internet providers that service my address are satellite internet, but at this point, I'm seriously considering trying one of them. If Cox can't provide acceptable service in a city of over 400,000 people, I can't bring myself to keep paying them.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

3 Replies

• Yes! I was on here and Bam another happy customer like me. Seems like every day there's a outage and every day I have to re boot my equipment. It gets frustrating when you have amillion smart home devices and a provider that can't give you anything consistent. 

Allan
      @JenksSoonerFan, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the concern so we can look into this issue on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
  • Too many people with what sounds like similar issues. I've had several techs out and they all replace the same cables and connectors all the way out to the utility pole and it never seems to escalate beyond that.

If you've already had a few techs out, they're probably not going to fix it, so if you have other options (I don't) they might be worth a shot.