Forum Discussion

Judith_St
New Contributor
3 years ago

Email

I have Cox email and get it through Outlook on my PC. I have an IPhone X, an IPad and my husband has an IPad. Our Cox account is on all of our devices.

Right now, my email on my PC is independent of our other devices, i.e. if I delete an email on our iPhone or IPads, it remains on our PC which is how we want it. How do we get the IPhone and IPads to work the same. I would like some emails to be deleted from my iPhone/IPad that my husband would like to remain on his IPad and vice versa. Now if he deletes an email from his iPad, it deletes it from my iPhone and IPad   

Am I asking the impossible?

3 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Judith St.,

No, you are not asking the impossible. It is a simple matter of changing the incoming mail servers for each device. I have included a link for you with all of the information you need to know. Just as a tidbit, when working with your Apple devices because they affect each other. When you are working with one device put all the other devices with the email on it in the Airplane modem. This allows you to work with just that device without causing the other devices to get stuck. If you have any questions or get in a jam. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

www.cox.com/.../email-server-settings.html -email settings information

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Judith_St
      New Contributor

Thank you. So on each of my devices (Iphone and Ipads), the incoming should be POP? or POP3?  Which one?  I tried POP and I get a message when it verifies "The IMAP service pop.cox.net is not responding.  Check your network connection and that yo entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.  

DavidA2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Judith St,

I would suggest switching the devices to POP3 server.

David
        Cox Support Forum Moderator