Forum Discussion

socal_transplan
Contributor III
3 years ago

No ones had a question in 3 years??? Everybody must have dumped Cox.

Earlier this evening I got an email.  It was from nextdoor, but about problems with Cox email.  I went to see if I could find a place to fix, and it POOF!  Disappeared.

what I was looking for is a spam filter I could ascribe “safe sender” addresses in. 

is there a spam filter?  How,do,I get to it?

and where might my email have gone?  It’s not in spam and it’s not in trash. 

can this font get any smaller????

9 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Social Transplant,

Hi, I can certainly understand your frustrations. Please know we want you to enjoy your services. I'm here to help. I have included a link to assist you with the Spam settings. When it comes to the disappearing email, we would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

www.cox.com/.../cox-email-settings.html -Email Spam Settings

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      socal_transplan
      Contributor III

Thanks. I double checked my settings and it doesn’t explain my problem. Will follow up on the vanishing email.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    can this font get any smaller????

When you create a post, there are options in the toolbar to adjust font:  small, normal, large, larger.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'm trying to understand.  You were in webmail, saw the email, went into settings to fix, returned to inbox and the email was gone?  If you weren't in settings, what "place" were you trying to fix?

socal_transplan
      Contributor III

as i said   "what I was looking for is a spam filter I could ascribe “safe sender” addresses in."

the nextdoor email was speaking to some "recent cox changes..." about what?  that's what i lost.  for some reason, they can't resend exactly, may have been the particular random rep that knew something.  anyway, turns out, webmail does not have a "safe sender" list.  i'm gathering that if the address is in my contact list, it's considered "safe?"

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I'm a slow understander.

If the Nextdoor email had delivered to your Inbox and you had read it for the gist of "problems with Cox email," why ascribe it as a Safe Sender?  What was the threat to the email to be filtered, blocked, deleted?  I mean, it had already safely delivered to your Inbox.

...or, after the email had since mysteriously disappeared, you're now trying to ascribe Nextdoor as a Safe Sender so future email will not be deleted.  This would make more sense and if the case, ignore the previous paragraph you had already read.

If it was in your Inbox, it was on the server.  If it was on the server, an administrator could delete it.  It's a simple admin command to delete all occurrences from the server(s).  This would naturally beg the question:  why?  I don't know.  It was, after all, a consumer alert about problems with Cox email service.

If you didn't delete it and have zero rules to handle it...and nobody bonked you on the head while in webmail...someone with admin privileges deleted it.