Forum Discussion

Angry_Redhead
New Contributor
3 years ago

WIFI and e-Reader

I have a NOOK e-Reader. Last week it suddenly disconnected from my WIFI & wouldn't re-connect. I'd had it for a number of years. I bought a new one. It will not connect to my WIFI. I was online with Cox for over an hour trying to fix the problem. They reset my modem. Didn't help. They gave me a new SSID & password. It didn't work. I contacted Barnes and Noble, explained the problem to them. They had no answers. But since my new e-Reader was under warranty, they said they'd send me a new one at no charge. It arrived today. It won't connect to my WIFI. Three devices, none will connect. Seems to me something is wrong with the WIFI, not the e-Reader. Anyone else encounter this? Anyone have any ideas? I'm beyond angry considering all the time I've wasted online and on the phone trying to get this fixed.

2 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Angry Redhead,

I can certainly understand your frustrations. Please know we want you to enjoy your services. I'm here to help. Please check to see if you see the network name on the e-Reader. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Angry_Redhead
      New Contributor

UPDATE: I swapped out the old Panoramic Gateway for the same model from the Cox Store. Set it up myself and my NOOK is now connected to WI-FI! The old model was only 2 years old but there must have been something wrong with it, though Cox wasn't able to detect anything on their end. My internet seems to be faster as well. So after a lot of grief, swapping out the old one was the solution!