Chat transcripts?

I need a copy of a chat transcript with Cox customer service from a week or so ago. It does not appear within my account, or at least not that I can see. I was told last night, again over chat, that any chat transcripts not emailed to myself at the time of the chat no longer exist. I find this assertion absurd. The chat was formally started and ended, wasn't lost while in progress, and I received the usual questions at close. I cannot fathom a world in which this information isn't thoroughly and carefully stored by Cox for so many different reasons. Am I crazy? Any ideas for a next step in this quest are appreciated.

Parents
  • Hi Jenkx,

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a chat transcript. This is normally sent out directly after the chat is completed when you have selected the option to receive the transcript. I would recommend checking your spam folder or deleted folder to ensure that the transcript is not there. We do not have a way to request a transcript sent to our customers after the initial interactions, but we do maintain a copy for our records. Was there anything specifically that we can help you with?

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
Reply Children