Forum Discussion

NoahC
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Cox services

I've noticed in the last 5 months or so Cox throttles their internet at certain hours. Unfortunately like most they are the only "reliable" Internet service in the area. As of today while paying $105 for gigablast I'm only getting about 250 download and 0 upload. Instead of paying the $75 dollars for a truck to show up, I opted into $5 extra a month for "protection." I'm hoping they read these threads and hope someone in the company has a soul and fixes the problem. Probably not they are getting there money and laughing. Normally when these problems arise I contact support and tell them they are throttling me. It magically fixes its self, and assure me they do not throttle. Yeah bs. Probably not much help but a rant... So when this Tech shows up tomorrow to fix THEIR problem I'm paying them to fix we will see. As I speak my internet is better. Of course until tonight. COX READ THIS! 

11 Replies

• @NoahC, I know how frustrating intermittent speed issues can be and we do want to help get this resolved. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with the service after the tech visit. We will be here to help. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      NoahC
      New Contributor II

Running into the same problem. After i made this post my internet was better until right now. Which I cancelled the Tech. I don't understand how its just my upload speeds tanking to 0. I've restarted everything and even accessed my router to restart it. If its congestion I wish Cox would at least notify the area. But why not prioritize those paying an arm and a leg for this internet or separate them. 

NoahC
      New Contributor II

So here I am again with worse problems. My DL is at 25mbs and upload is 0. It's a Sunday night, I doubt it's a problem of people all being on the internet. But after I made the first post problems got worse. I contacted tech support they couldn't help. Didn't even recommend a tech to come help. Told me to call back at 1am...... Ruined my fottball experience for the night and now I can't even talk to family or friends states away. Not trying to be a pity case but come on. Paying 105 a month for what?! 

NoahC
      New Contributor II

Customer support told me there is an outage in the area but didn't update the app? After i called everything is fine? Still believe Cox throttles. Its a Sunday night I doubt they are congested. Almost worse then spectrum. PLEASE HELP!

MichaelJ
        Hi NoahC,

This is not an issue that the Forums members can assist you with. Please feel free to reach out to us via social media: Facebook, Twitter @coxhelp, or you can email us at cox.help@cox.com. Our Tech Support Team can be reached 24/7 via live chat: www.cox.com/.../contactus.html or by Toll-free number, 1-800-234-3993.

Thank you,

Mike J.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    pianoman
    New Contributor II

Just curious - are you in Metairie, LA? I have been having similar issues since service was restored after Hurricane Ida. Upload speeds periodically drop to nearly 0. I have checked the modem, and the levels (upstream and downstream) as well as the SNR always look good.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Pianoman

I apologize for the frustration you’ve been experiencing with your Cox services and I want to help. If you can email your full name and the street address on your Cox account cox.help@cox.com, I’ll be happy to investigate.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
      NoahC
      New Contributor II

No I'm in Virginia. But now going on day 5 at this point. Working with a "Tech" who is going to have me jump through the same hoops I've done 100 time. I'm sorry for the frustration. I'm thinking I'm being throttled to support other people maybe bad traffic. 

NoahC
      New Contributor II

No I'm in Virginia. But now going on day 5 at this point. Working with a "Tech" who is going to have me jump through the same hoops I've done 100 time. I'm sorry for the frustration. I'm thinking I'm being throttled to support other people maybe bad traffic.