Forum Discussion

REnglish81
New Contributor
3 years ago

Intermittent Connectivity Issues Recently

So for the past month, I've been having intermittent connections with my internet. I've noticed that when I stream it buffers quite often. Another issue is when playing my ps5, I can't even get through 15-20 minutes without getting booted. I also notice my mobile phone will disconnect for a minute or two. This happens all day long,, even late at night during non peak hours.. The disconnections last about 20-30 seconds. My TV and game console are connected via ethernet. I've tested both out with a wireless connection as well, and it's the same results. I downloaded a wifi monitor and noticed when it occurred, It shows the DNS server ping going up to as much as 2500ms. I've done everything. Checked connections, replaced ethernet cable, rest modem, factory reset modem. Tried the wireless signal on both 2.4 and 5ghz. I've talked to customer support and they "troubleshoot" it, but the troubles continue. My Modem/Router combo is an Arris TG1682G

1 Reply

• It sounds like we may need to have a technician out to investigate further. You can email our team at cox.help@cox.com with your home address and a link to this thread for assistance in setting up an appointment.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator