Forum Discussion

mhren
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Intermittent Internet after recent work by Cox in the neighborhood.

Let me start this by saying that my at least two other neighbors in my neighborhood started seeing the same intermittent issues with Internet performance starting a day when Cox service technicians were in the neighborhood re-wiring and replacing equipment on at least one street corner near our home.....

After two years of basically NO issues, we started seeing daily performance issues after Cox was in the neighborhood working on connections.  I would reset the modem and performance would return for a bit, but I consistently would see significant numbers of uncorrectable errors on three downstream channels in my modem status pages.

I contacted Cox and got a bit of a run-around from support since they could "see nothing wrong" but they did point out that my modem was an older DOCSIS 3.0 modem and I might consider upgrading.  I passed on their offer and decided to go to Best Buy and get a new Netgear CM1200.  It's a bit overkill but with 32 channels and 8 years newer tech, I figured it would help....

Well, I am seeing exactly the same three channels showing significant uncorrectable counts, MDD message timeouts and I did see some T3 timeouts as well earlier....

What can I tell the support people at Cox to get them to actually have someone dig into the recent work and even look at the screen captures I have from the modems showing these specific problematic channel/frequencies to see what common hardware/cabling there most likely is causing this?

Here's a picture from the older modem:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjViE9pQFMtwoieQsVyX0VtelESs

And here's a picture (showing the same channels with issues after a relatively short time):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjViE9pQFMtwoijZPxz_-ARnyfVH

Thanks for any advice or suggestions...

-- mike

• Hello @Mhren,

I completely understand the hassle of having inconsistent internet speeds. I am here to help. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Also, send screenshots of the pictures instead of links as we cannot download pictures.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Mhren,

I completely understand the hassle of having inconsistent internet speeds. I am here to help. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Also, send screenshots of the pictures instead of links as we cannot download pictures.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator