Forum Discussion

tjharris
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Off topic maybe lg thinq and Cox cable modem?

I recently installed a Cox panoramic modem in gateway mode and my lg thinq appliances stopped notifying me.  I can,t tell if it’s the modem, lg thinq or the dryer. Please help

the dryer operates fine but I no longer get updates when cycles finish etc. I see the lg thinq dryer in the orbi dhcp fine connected to 2.4g  that’s fine. It shows up in the program fine but there is no test mode. It repeatedly stays on “standby” regardless of operation mode. Any other options or ideas?

10 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I need to refresh my understanding.

- Installed Cox Panoramic router in Bridge Mode
     - All IoT notifications stopped
     - Replaced Cox Panoramic with Netgear modem
     - Still no IoT notifications
     - However, replacing Cox Panoramic reduced congestion

I don't know how Bridge Mode would create congestion because the router wouldn't be broadcasting, unless the Cox Panoramic was still broadcasting as a HotSpot.

What is a Lorax DVR?  Does it record TV shows or security footage?  After your clarification, I'll assume footage.

I'll also assume notifications had previously worked with your Orbi system.

While you were troubleshooting with the Panoramic, did you change any network settings within the Orbi(s) or notifying devices?  If so, restored the settings.

I'd check the following settings:

- Matching Channel ID
     - Matching Channel Width
     - Compatible encryption mode
     - QoS

How do the notifications travel:  from LG > Orbi > LG server > cellular network > cell phone?

tjharris
      New Contributor II

Yes the Lorax is a lorex video camera system etherneted to the rbs20 satellite. I couldn’t stop the Cox panoramic modem from being a hotspot. I followed the directions to stop hotspot and the panoramic modem light went red. I then unplugged the modem and got back the Cox hotspot. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

What about your network settings before and after troubleshooting?

Firmware could be an issue but which firmware are you referring...the router or LG?  Didn't you write all notifications stopped on all devices, including non-LG devices?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't think I ever got an answer, but does the Pano allow users to select the width of channels?

tjharris
    New Contributor II

It seems all my push notifications are having trouble. I can’t login to the Cox WiFi app because I’m in gateway mode. Find my friends doesn’t work lorex cameras only get one frame. The dryer doesn’t communicate with app. 

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Why'd you get the Panoramic?

tjharris
        New Contributor II

They pushed in on us free.we had a new modem in a box, but I was too lazy to put it on yet because I feared something like this.

tjharris
    New Contributor II

Ok, sorry for the grammar. I got rid of the Cox modem and installed a netgear cm1100. This actually helps me with my orbi router rbr20 and sattelite rbs20 I think was sitting right next to the Cox modem and drowning out the already polluted 2.4 , 5 ghz bands. I am however still having trouble with my dryer some Internet post say it may be a firmware issue.  I also, only get one image from my lorex cameras instead of a 5 sec loop.