Forum Discussion

Lake_Terrace_re
New Contributor
3 years ago

outage due to Ida

I was without Cox service for days due to Hurricane Ida. I received an email from Cox on 9/5 stating: We’ll issue a credit to your account for time without service. At this time, we are unable to provide an estimate of when your services will be back online, but we want you to know that you will not be charged for the time you’ve been offline. There’s nothing you need to do. When your services are restored, we’ll credit your account.

However my bill has not been adjusted to reflect the outage and when I chatted with a Cox agent, they told me it will take 2-3 months to reflect the outage and that they know how many days I was without service, but they would not tell me how many days they were adjusting for. 

Normally if I experience an outage, the credit is reflected on the following bill.

I can't help but think Cox is hoping most of us will pay our bills in full and eventually forget how many days we are due credits for or just become exhausted from trying to fight Cox on this. Most of us are already exhausted from the aftermath of the disaster and I know many of my fellow South Louisianians are still without power or internet service.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Hurricane IDA occurred between Aug 26, 2021 – Sep 4, 2021.  You may have received a bill since then, but the credit for time without service should be on next month's bill or possibly the month after that.  When the credit will be received and how much it will be would depend on when Cox restores an individual customer's service and if the credit can be processed before the next monthly bill is generated.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    Lake Terrace Resident

Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. For further assistance, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator