Forum Discussion

DLabit29
Contributor
3 years ago

Ping plotter results show bad cox hops. *question*

I've been having internet issues all day. Every day.
Ping plotter results show my ping spikes happening on hops 2, 3, 4, and 5. All cox hops. I've been reporting my ping plotter results to them daily. They claim that it's because of network congestion and they are working on it. The thing is that some of these ping plotter results were tested at 2am and even 4am. I know networks aren't congested at those times. Does network congestion leave lingering issues? Or are they just onto the wrong thing? Because i am skeptical

6 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @DLabit29,

That is a great question and I know that the cause of the issue can be seen as unbelievable. When the networks are congested or saturated, it causes customers to experience slower signals which cause other issues like packet loss, ping spikes, and signal interference. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      DLabit29
      Contributor

So what you're saying is that congestion during peak hours, can hinder my speeds during non peak, overnight hours?

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @DLabit29

That is correct and we are happy to see if that's the case. Simply follow the instructions Crystal has provided in regards to contacting us.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator
  • Is the destination is getting through?

It shouldn't matter if any of the hops in between don't reply as long as they're passing the data along. If it's not getting through, you could determine that the issue could possibly lie somewhere between the the last good hop and the next bad one.