Forum Discussion

sbunkydg
New Contributor
3 years ago

Cannot change wifi channel in Panoramic gateway.

I am logged in to 192.168.0.1 as admin, I choose the network and press Edit which takes me to the page where the settings are but almost everything is greyed out - clicking does not have an effect.There is a Save Settings button at bottom of page but I can't change anything on the page.

My box is set for Automatic channel setting and channel 11 at this time - I cannot change Automatic to Manual either.

There is another network  nearby that uses channel 11 and has a higher signal strength than my wifi network! I get a lot of  pauses when using the Internet from my computer over WIFI and so I want to change the channel to help isolate the problem.

I am using the WIFI Analyzer android app to see all the networks in the area and the other network's SSID is HIDDEN.

Dennis

- Edited by moderator to protect sensitive information - 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Obvious question:  Do you need to rent a Panoramic?

gdwall
    New Contributor II

Their Panoramic Wifi modem *** out loud.  I had one and had nothing but problems, 3 replacements and still had the same problem.  Finally downgraded to the next lowest model that supported Gigablast (What a joke that is) and got my own router.  Of course if you contact support, they always blame your router and tell you to fix it.  So be prepared for a fight with them.

bearone2
      Contributor III

when you add your own equipment, you're the tech support, not a cox issue at that point!!

• I have noticed the same issue lately and I am not happy about it. My 2.4 keeps at Channel 1 where everyone and their mother is on. I have the new Panoramic Wifi gateway. I just called Cox and got that the new modems  are not allowing us to change them. I am not happy about that. I also found something on the web that said they are working to make our networks better, that is a lie I have had nothing but issues since not being able to change my channels in the gateway. I decided to come to the forum to see if anyone else is having issues. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Justlikeheavn

I'm truly sorry that you've had such a bad experience with us! I invite you to email, my team, at cox.help@cox.com please include your full name, full address, and a link to this thread.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator

ZapperOne
        New Contributor III

So, how do I change from the channels "1" & "44" to channels that are less used by the dozens around me?

Both my 2.4GHz locked with channel-1, and 5.0GHz locked with channel-44 are way to cluttered and therefore not optimum for me.

What is the point of COX locking the settings in the admin portal?  This is a waste of good options to speed up our service from COX.

Thanks for any help with this.

2023-10-26