Forum Discussion

DanDiego
New Contributor
3 years ago

This just happened to me too!

Another users post below. It just happened to me too, I have never in my life been charged for a declined credit card, which number changed due to fraud. The customer reps (escalated to manager) were nice but absolutely refused to help. This is crazy. Absolute fraud in my opinion. And COX do your employees a favor and please empower these decent people to be able to help and provide a refund for such a bizarre charge.

"I was just charged $25 by COX due to a declined credit card. I've never experienced this before from any company. I use this card regularly without issues, and have since used it without problems. I am unable to determine the reason it failed in this case. It is currently a valid credit card? Furthermore, there are various legitimate reasons for a credit card to be temporarily declined, especially given the prevalence of online cc security issues. As long as the issue is rectified and the bill is not overdue, there should not be a charge. This is not equitant to an overdraft on a bank check. This is ridiculous! "

2 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @DanDiego

The purpose of the Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account-specific issues or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
    bearone2
    Contributor III

apparently if you use a credit card for auto pay & it's declined, you pay the inconvenience fee!!