Forum Discussion

grdavis1019
New Contributor
3 years ago

EBB Progam

Hi,

Has anyone received this EBB benefit yet?  I've gotten 4 mails from the gov. telling me I was approved, the first on May 17.  Yes, I did the ID.ME and everything else I was required to do.  Going on my third billing cycle since I applied and still nothing.  

When I call Cox, no one has a clue what's going on.  There is not supervisor with any knowledge of the program either.  They then give  you the number to call the government.  I called them.  They tell me, yes, you're approved, call Cox.  I tell them I did but they insist it's on Cox's end.

Anyone offer any help?  Who to contact? This is ridiculous already.  I have to reapply again by Aug. 15 according to the email from the government.  

Any assistance and/or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

10 Replies

redwagon
    New Contributor

Same here  in San Diego- no EBB credit since approved and no one at COX to talk to ; billing is clueless about EBB.  And what is the worst is all the made-up responses ' it will show on your next bill',  yes you are on our database with EBB' "we have no status on EBB credit for your account"  OY

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi Dza,

The EBB applications process is a three-step process. First, you must start the application on our site via the 'Let's Get started’ page: www.cox.com/.../ebb.html . Second, you must complete the ID.me verification which can take 24-48hours. Third, your application must be approved by the government which can take up to 5 days.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        CthulhuSaves
        New Contributor

I did all those things. Started on Cox, was sent to ID.me, was verified and approved, sent back to Cox where I got a message saying my info would now be sent to the government and that Cox would email me as soon as the agency confirmed everything. That was on May 14th.

I'm on Social Security. Fifty bucks may not seem like a lot, but it sure is for me, not to mention the hundred dollars to put towards a PC, which I can't take advantage of until I receive my aware letter, or whatever it's called. 

Otto_wright
    New Contributor

Same here i signed up in june 14 waited was push back and forth between cox and ebb. Then was told no app on file..redid app 7 - 14 still nothing. This time ebb said approve with approval number and to call cox . .they dont know nothing just said wait cause they got alot of people waiting..I ask hiw many calls he had that was approved, he couldnt answer.  Then ebb saud i never had to do that cause im on lifeline already...last step after 3step was to call them number so they can submit and they have no way or dont kbow.  They should have created a team for this because there getting paid im on low income.

Natek
    New Contributor II

No, I have the same issue and was told twice on July 1st and have the chat logs to prove it that they can see that I have been approved for EBB benefits and I would see the discount on my next bill. Guess what? Still isn't there! I was told last night that they still see it and to contact the Sales Department to get it applied, which I did and they told me to go back to billing and then I was told that they don't see it. I suppose the consistent lying to retain my business would be considered fraud.

MichaelJ
      Hi Natek,

The purpose of the Cox Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to Cox services with other customers.
      If you need help with billing or other account-specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Thank you,

Mike J.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Natek
        New Contributor II

I already have. Try reading the comment.