Forum Discussion

ReallyFrustrat1
New Contributor
3 years ago

Single digit MB/s throughout the day

I know this message board is more to just rant then actually get help, but I still have to post this to ask for help.

Running wired connection - 150 MB/s package - cat6 cable - all connections are secured - consistently resetting modem - DNS cache flush - and still my internet goes down to 2 or 3 MB/s at any time of day. Only devices connected to my internet are my computer and phone. I could understand internet slow downs during peak hour usage, but this has been going on for months, and frankly I feel like I'm just throwing money down the drain. If there's a magical solution out there to fix this, please tell me, otherwise ignore this post as another one of thousands of complaints

4 Replies

shipracer
    New Contributor III

The magical solution is to file an FCC complaint. Start there.

• @ReallyFrustrated, By any chance, does this happen when someone in the home is using the phone? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      ReallyFrustrat1
      New Contributor

I do not have a landline, the phone is only connected through wireless internet. I have a technician showing up on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll have an answer. I'll respond with an answer afterwards, though I have a feeling they'll just tell me that the connection is fine, internet slows down during heavy usage, and yadayada

Allan
        @ReallyFrustrated, Ok. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with the service after the tech visit. We will be here to help. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.