Forum Discussion

rampart51
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Can't send emails. No changes made on my end.

I can no longer send email from any device...windows or android devices. I use Thunderbird on Windows and BlueMail on Android. I've made no changes to my accounts.

I have verified my email settings are up to date and correct.

I tried calling support but they don't speak English very well and I got nowhere with them.

Are there skilled technicians that monitor this forum and might help?

5 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Do you get any SMTP Error codes?  Is there an option to update T-bird and Blue?  I'm think a security component of each.

rampart51
      New Contributor II

Like magic, the problem just fixed itself. This has been going on for two days....suddenly it works even though support said there were no SMTP server issues. Thanks anyway.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I'll presume support wasn't aware of any issues on the servers because another company administers the Cox email system.  I'm sure it was a server because all your different platforms have 1 thing in common...a server.

MikeHaw
    New Contributor

I am having the same issue and get no help from customer service. The issue seems to happen every day at the same time. Getting tired of paying for something that does not work!

LisaH
      Hi MikeHaw. We will be glad to help if you are having issues sending emails from any device. Please reach out to us via email using cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator