This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

giga bust

After years of cox service, I upgraded to the “gigablast” plan.  What we have so far is a 350 Mbps time.That’s about a third the promised time. 

We upgraded our service to the giga blast a couple of weeks ago. Even though our house is small, there wasn't much of an improvement over our previous plan. So I purchased an extra pod for the “gateway”. Result: zilch, same time or worse, roughly one third of the time advertised. So now I’m paying more and getting less. Nice.
What's even better is that there is nobody one can complain to in writing. Nothing on the website. I saw a post from a moderator (I think) on this forum in reply to a frustrated user that gave an email address for support, but when we tried writing to that address, our email program could not send it because the address "cox.help@cox.com" given was not legitimate according to the macos mail app. Shameless.
  • Hello Duvel,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble reaching us through email and you have not seen any new improvements with the Gigablast plan and Pods. I can understand how frustrating that would be. Cox.help@cox.com is a valid email address that my team and I check and respond to. I am not sure why you are having trouble sending us an email. Can you try emailing us again with your name, address, and a link to this thread. If that does not work, through sending from a different email domain. For example, if you are sending from an @gmail.com email, try from an @cox.net email, etc.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • The email address is good.  I'm unsure why an OS would reject a properly-formatted SMTP address.  A server, yes; an OS?

What specifically is the problem?  Your connection to Cox or your wireless LAN?  What do you measure directly connected to the gateway?  I'm unsure about Pods but I'm sure there's something better.

• What are your modem's signal levels?

• our email program could not send it because the address "cox.help@cox.com"

If the email isn't working try on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit them on Facebook.