Forum Discussion

ks1
New Contributor
3 years ago

Cox won't admit email problem

My incoming emails are being kicked back to the sender or some emails are coming a day late.  I tried to talk to 2 customer service reps who did not know as much as I do.  Very disappointing.  This is work email.  I guess it is time to move off of Cox - email was keeping me connected.

8 Replies

• ks1 / drichmond 

Is it safe to assume you both are using Cox email service, i.e. (at) cox.net? Without providing any error messages or bounce back emails, it's impossible to offer help.

drichmond
      New Contributor II

There are no error messages or bounce back emails.  The iOS native email app just stops working 1-2 hours after the account is added to the phone.  It acts like it's sending email.  It acts like it's checking email.  But new messages that are clearly sitting in the inbox (as visible on the web client) don't download.

This is ONLY in the native IOS 14+ email client.  3rd party email clients on the iPhone work fine with this very same cox.net account so I'm assuming the problem is on Apple's (or possibly Verizon's) side.  I've opened support requests with them.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Is the size of your mailbox reaching its limit?

ks1
      New Contributor

My mail all comes down to outlook so size should not be an issue.

bearone2
        Contributor III

depends if you're leaving a copy on the server!!

fwiw: i do pop3 outlook.

drichmond
    New Contributor II

Same problem on iPhone with latest iOS 14.6 and correct email settings. Very frustrating.