Forum Discussion

drichmond
New Contributor II
3 years ago

New iPhone email lag

New iPhone XR on latest iOS version. Cox email account correctly set up with both incoming and outgoing servers, ports, SSL, ID and PW. 

I can see new emails arrive via the Cox web client but they don’t download to the native iOS mail client sometimes for many hours. 

This is not a password issue. Account has been added and deleted many times on the phone. Once re-created it will get all current inbox items but then starts lagging again. 

Have tried both manual and time based Fetch. 

10 Replies

• Settings ==> Mail ==> Accounts ==> Fetch New Data ... Make sure "Push" is enabled and under "Fetch", select "Automatically" or which schedule you prefer.  Note: Double-check the account you created isn't overriding this setting by selecting the name of the account you created and verifying "Fetch" is selected.

Are you trying to receive email on iPhone XR while connected to your home wifi (i.e. Cox internet) or using cellular? 

drichmond
      New Contributor II

Currently connected to my son's home wifi but same behavior happens on LTE

Superbigwaff
        Contributor

I'm assuming you verified and configured the settings I suggested above...  are you setting up the Mail account using POP or IMAP protocol?

drichmond
      New Contributor II

This problem continues with the native iPhone email client but not with 3rd party email apps so I suspect there is some handshake issue between Apple/Verizon/Cox that is causing this. 

Allan
        @Drichmond. Please power down the Iphone for a few mins and then power it back up. Once done, please try again and let us know if there is any change. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator. -Allan
    bearone2
    Contributor III

if you're not using wifi, emails that have large attachments, can take a while to dl using the network!!

drichmond
      New Contributor II

Not an attachment issue.  Every time I delete and re-add this account to the phone, it downloads all current inbox items but then no new emails arrive on the iPhone despite them appearing in the inbox online.  iPhone email client says 'Checking for mail..." but doesn't download anything.

bearone2
        Contributor III

i just checked on an older 8+ i use wifi only, fetching manually not at time interval.