Forum Discussion

jwcooley
New Contributor
3 years ago

not receiving email for password reset from facebook or twitch

I have checked spam and filters. they are clear. I have sent multiple requests but no code is forthcoming.

3 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @jwcooley
    Please check your Facebook and Twitch accounts and make sure the email address is correct. Also, check your spam settings to make sure that it is not on 'Delete Spam without delivering'.
    www.cox.com/.../cox-email-settings.html

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      jwcooley
      New Contributor

Ben, I have done this, spam is set to not auto delete.  My email has been the same for almost 20 years and I didn't change it in facebook.  I had the same problem with Disney + and had to use an alternate email. I have 2 devices that are logged into my facebook so I have access but I can't log in on another device and I can't change the password without the old one.  It states that the code is sent but nothing comes in.  I'm pretty sure its on the email server side of things due to it happening from different sources.

I also had the same issue with Dell.

bearone2
    Contributor III

nothing to do with filters, fb has changed, check settings for notifications you want.

i get a notification every day from fb for any attempted entry into my account because i use firefox private window.