Forum Discussion

Customer_Apprec
New Contributor II
3 years ago

COX SPAM!!!!!!!

Why in the world does COX "not" control the amount of Spam they allow to hit us....it's ridiculous!  I have reported the problem to Cox Spam, Abuse, and Phishing emails for years with no response or even attempt at any remedy anything.  My several Google accounts receive only 1/100 the amount of spam.  WAKE UP COX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've reported spam to Cox Abuse, Spam, and Phishing e-mails now for years!  Hello!!!!!!

25 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    yak
    Contributor III

I imagine that most Cox employees have a Cox email address for their daily use.  I wonder what they think about the endless spam that greets us every morning.  Most of the spam messages are posted between midnight and 5am.

Customer_Apprec
      New Contributor II

Yak is correct on the time of most incoming spam.  And little spam is duplicative, so the Cox webmail spam blocker is worthless.  I've had nearly 2,000 spam in the past 11 months, an avg of 5-6/day, every day, and have reported this to Cox, 57 times.

MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    Customer Appreciation,

We want to look into this issue for you to see why you are still receiving spam that has been reporting as spam. Would you send us an email to cox.help@cox.com in reference to this post so we can check into this for you?

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Customer_Apprec
      New Contributor II

Tried to send message 3x to cox.help@cox.com, and get a pop-up messages saying:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: <hum2@cox.net> message rejected. Refer to Error Codes section at www.cox.com/.../email-error-codes.html for more information. AUP#CXSNDR. Please check the message and try again.

Hum2@cox.net

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Customer Appreciation

You can also reach us on Twitter or Facebook if you having an issue sending your information to cox.help@cox.com.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator

bearone2
    Contributor III

i found messages from this forum in webmail spam folder! today/yesterday!!

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Messages from the Forum or from this specific post?  I've never seen an email from the Forum but if the email contains the title of a post, perhaps the filter flagged on 'SPAM' in this one.

bearone2
        Contributor III

over the last few days, today included, i've had several replies to various cox forum posts in the webmail spam folder.