Forum Discussion

Frank_smith
New Contributor
3 years ago

Cox Deplorable Service

This will confirm that we have not made any changes for
our Internet since March 17 when I agreed to Cox's request to change out our modem/router to upgrade the router from 3.0 to 3.1 to be compatible with your current equipment. Before agreeing to this change, I was specifically told that this change would be at no cost to us, and that the replacement router rental would be waived for one year which would result in our bill being reduced from $196.90 to $185.05 for the following 12 months. Since that time, I was advised that our bill would be increased $217.99 per month, and I have had many contacts with several Cox representatives in Customer Support who all confirmed the original arrangement that this change was being made at no cost to us for the installation and that the new router rental would be free for 12 months, resulting in our bill being reduced to $185.05 as explained above. Nonetheless, despite these many hours of discussion, and confirmations of the original arrangement, Crystal, a supervisor in your Loyalty Group has indicated that all of these people, including those who arranged the installation, had made mistakes in confirming that our cost would be   reduced to $185.05. Furthermore,  that Cox could assume no responsibility for the errors of a large cross section of your employees. Accordingly our monthly price has increased to $217.99 instead of being reduced to $185.05 as agreed. Please review your extensive phone logs to confirm the above.
Nonetheless, Crystal has agreed to credit the difference for the last two months, or $64, but says that Cox is not responsible for any mistakes of your employees. I believe that all of your employees' communications were made in good faith, and I cannot understand why Cox will not stand behind the commitments which were made to us before changing out the modem/router, and subsequently, in all of the follow-up discussions with various Customer Service Reps who confirmed the original agreement.
I request that Cox standby the arrangement which their employees had made and confirmed. Anything else would be a complete disgrace for the Company.
I have dedicated many hours to trying to get this situation straightened out,. You can confirm this by reviewing your phone logs. I would appreciate a positive response and an apology for this deplorable situation.
Thankyou.
Please advise,
Frank Smith

Sent: Friday, May 7, 2021 3:32 PM
To: smithfrankb@msn.com <smithfrankb@msn.com>
Subject: Here's a confirmation of your order

ī€
Hi Frank,
Here's a quick summary of the changes you requested.
What changed
Services Changed: Internet

2 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Frank smith

The purpose of the Cox Phone Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Digital Telephone services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account-specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Sounds like a bait-and-switch.  Any quotes in writing?  What would be cheaper...the penalty of breaking the contract or 12 months of paying the difference?  I think the best thing is to reevaluate your needs in 12 months.