New Contributor
3 years ago

Forced "Upgrade", things have seldom been worse

Cox says "hey congratulations -- we are upgrading your connection!"

Me:  I don't want it

Cox says : "Well you'll get even faster gigabit speeds"

Me:  I don't want it

Cox:  Of course you do, we're greatly increasing y our downlaod speeds

Me:  Yeah, but you're cutting my UPload speeds from 50 mbps to 10.  That's a huge reduction in service!  Leave me alone."

Cox: Our customers prefer the faster speeds, we are upgrading you at no charge and you'll get a new modem.

Me:  I don't want it leave me alone.

Cox:  Well you can pay for a higher tier service that will get you faster uploads, you can get as much as 35mpbs!

Me: I get almost double-that now.

Cox:  [sorry no choice]

I got the new modem, i never got the promised downloads and now service to my part of Southern AZ is out -- Cox says it's due to increase taffic -- you know "PANDEMIC" 

To which I called BS... if it were due to increased usage it would've started last March not last week.

They are sooooo frustrating, it's almost exquisite how much I wish I didn't have to use them.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

We know that not everyone is as excited about the recent Internet upgrade, as change is always uncomfortable at best. We completely understand as customers some of us need more upload than others. No worries we are here to help. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      felicityc
      New Contributor

this isn't 'uncomfortable'. This is not an upgrade. This has all been an objective downgrade to the experience, and at best, incompetence, at worst, actual deception. 

My upsetness is not directed at you specifically of course but nearly every claim of Cox of improved performance or more efficient settings on the devices are complete lies or meant to obscure abusing customers as nonconsensual hotspots while completely lying about the impact on modems and how it works.

Please tell whoever is responsible for any of this that the mountains of money the government gives to subsidize internet access should be used to actually improve infrastructure, not devise more bundle scams for the elderly. 

Allan
        @Felicity, I can certainly understand your frustration and we will be more than happy to assist you with any account related concerns. Please send us an email with a brief description of the concerns to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.