Forum Discussion

finalfrontier32
New Contributor
4 years ago

very bad game lag

Even after upgrading to gigablast and using ethernet, im getting very bad latency problems at random parts of the day and it happens fairly frequently. I've talked with people and they think its my area being highly congested and a fix has been in the works. But this has been an issue for over a year since i complained and its only getting worse. I've recently done pingplotter tests and if im reading it right, it just shows huge variance in latency and few packet losses. Speed tests are very random ranging from a decent 800mbps but sometimes can be as low as 10mbps. I feel this is not normal for congestion issues?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @finalfrontier321

I know have frustrating it is to have lag especially while gaming. Can you please post the ping plots? When composing a message, click the button that says 'Insert' and then 'Insert image/Video/file".

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    courtney515
    New Contributor II

Any luck? I have been complainging for weeks. Rubber-banding in all my games. I pay 272$ for Gigablast & lately have an upload speed of .7-2 mbps

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Courtney515

I know that unreliable upload speeds game be very frustrating while gaming. Are you hardwired or using a wifi connection? Do you have our Panoramic Gateway or do you have your own modem/router?

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    darold
    New Contributor

been having the same issue while gaming and I have a wired connection 

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello Darold,

This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator